May 15, 2012

yum.

There are only so many hours in the day that I can be creative, so I need other things to do to fill my time. I read, I jog, I clean. I work other jobs. I generally do productive things. One thing that I enjoy doing that is in step with other writers is baking (and cooking). I love food. I'm a bit of a foodie, and I've come to realize as I've gotten older that if I want to eat good food at home, I need to be the one to make it. (Husband comes with 4 staple meals, which isn't so terrible for the male-type, but a bit limiting to my palette).

In the past few days I've tinkered a bit more in the kitchen and tried my hand at these:




My critique partner Kate introduced me to these puppies when she came to stay for YALLfest last November. Oh. My. Goodness. They are heaven in your mouth. For real. The cookies are all dark chocolate and the frosting... *drools a bit* Well, you get the idea.

Source: familystylefood.com via Ryan on Pinterest


These are roasted carrots with cumin and lime juice. The recipe also calls for honey, but I didn't have any, so I substituted maple syrup, and it turned out deliciously. Also, I made this dish to go with it: 


Roasted artichoke hearts and chickpeas with garlic and lemon juice. Healthy AND delicious.





2 comments:

  1. Oh man, those cookies look brilliant! I'll need to give that recipe a shot some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant is just the right word for them, honestly. I'm fighting the urge to eat one right now...

      Delete